Scenic trains from Wellington to National Park was nothing much of wow or awe. Things kind of look the same anywhere and everywhere and since it is so, we are trying to keep the photos to the necessary. Not taking too much photos of the same things, less mountains etc, cos it really gets to be the same and I am beginning to unable to differentiate where that mountains is being taken… The Overlander train (North Island Scenic Train) isn’t that punctual and it can be delayed for more than an hour or so. True enough when we reached National Park it is way past that stated time. Oh, I had a funny photo taken at the Ohakune Station (I think so, gets quite of old lately with my poor memory), where I was jumping up. But I was not that good and did not manage to catch Jasmine jumping (I not “li hai”).
National Park is all about trekking and hiking, and if the weather is not on your side, then you must be prepared to laze around in the hostel. When we arrived, we managed to trek the Tupapakutua Falls Track, along the way you get to see lalangs all along the sides of the road. During our treks, Jas told me that she kind of pissed off with me the previous day. She wanted me to phone the National Park backpacker hostel to check if they provide free shuttle service from railway, but I didn’t hear it or I thought I heard she was going to call, so I continued to fold my plastic bag and nothing much to pack. Jas on the other side, still had lots of things to pack and with her bad leg, it wasn’t that convenient. So she was kind of unhappy, but all this had passed and we are all good now. I am like Class 95 okie, heard only the things I want to hear… hee… It feels quite peaceful and at ease to take the walk and with the scenery and clean air you feel a whole better person.
Today, 10th Feb 2009, was a moody day. It keeps raining and the wind was very strong. But this day wasn’t a waste as we went for the Taranaki waterfall which is around a 2 hour trek not very difficult. This is an all female walk with 2 French and 1 British and Holland. Managed to burn off the ice cream, the chocolates and the potatoes chips that I had been ingesting the past few days, hope no obvious love handles or muffin tops. And yes, we had seen a 20m high waterfall. One of the French makes me think of “Da Xiong” where she is quite chubby to want to hug her. And she is very nice that she will look back to see where we are, since me and jasmine are at the back of group. You really get to meet nice people during your trip and many of them are so friendly that they will greet you even when you are walking on the road and you don’t know any of them.
Tomorrow I will be making my way to Auckland and then to Napier where my Orchard works commerce, hence the frequency of writing my blog will greatly decrease due to inaccessibility of an internet.
2 comments:
yo, know u so long, didnt know u can write so well n so long..its entertaining reading ur blog after a hard day's work =)wats jas blog website? how u met ur trekking partners? the dog is so cute!! so envy u all..haha..hav a sudden urge to go plam my trip now..waiting for more of ur updates..
haha... go plan your trip n tell me...
we meet the partners at the hostel then we got book transport, so we travel together.
Jas blog is: http:\\everlyprecious.blogspot.com
Post a Comment