After departing Te Kaha, we visited the St. Mary Church at Tikitiki. This church had an European outlook, however they had beautifully craving on the inside. Having seen the most northern point lighthouse at Cape Reinga, we visited the most eastern lighthouse too, the East Cape Lighthouse. The exercise of the day is to climb 765 steps in order to see it. 是累的咯…

What make this trip a little interesting is that the last person on the bus will need to sing, so whenever we stop for lunch or this little walk, everyone will start running back into the van. Sometimes it is so funny like we are all running for our lives…
We stayed at Eastern Backpacker, not exactly the farm stay that I imagined it to be where there are pigs, cows, sheeps, etc. It is more like horse farm and the animals here are usually free range – able to roam vast areas of land freely. I finally ride a horse, the horse trek is 2 hour and you ride up the hills, goes to beach and enjoy the amazing view of the coastline and Mount Hikurangi.

Having ride the horse for a first time, I did not really know how to control the horse and I don’t really have much talent in it. My horse is this white horse named Warlord (no prince charming so must choose white horse), that like to bend its head down which shouldn’t be the case. Then with a bad ankle, the saddle kept shifting to the right meaning I applied more pressure on the right.
Jas did not really enjoy the ride as her gastric was not feeling too good, her horse was not too nice to her and she felt off the horse. Fortunately, it only some bruises and nothing serious. I had some near misses of losing control or having some difficult time but overall I felt that it was a nice experience and the view is really amazing…

No comments:
Post a Comment