Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Phnom Penh (Dec 8, 2009 - Tuesday)

Cockles, my beloved cockles… Having cockles for yesterday dinner, gave me Food Poisoning. I woke up to puke and thinking it was just an upset stomach. But, but, but I was wrong… I was in quite a dazed the whole day, I am either sleeping or waking up to puke and wasted my free day at Phnom Penh. Argh…

Initially my brother and I were going to visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, this used to be a high school but was used by the Khmer Rouge to torture their victims, where the torture weapons and photographs of the victim were displayed. My colleagues also mentioned that you can also see the blood stains on the floor. Eerie… Well, with my poor condition, this was given a miss.

Hua and Eric were very nice, they packeted lunch for us and we were like so pitiful that they got to have our meal on the floor. Thanks Hua and Eric for your kindness and understanding and sorry if I spoilt your day. The food was quite nice, only downside was that it is more towards the sweet side where else we are more used to the salty taste. Oh, MSG is like free of charge so must drink plenty of water.
After resting and thinking I was getting better, we went to the Russian Market. On the journey, I kept dozing off. When we reached, the moment I stepped in and walked a little distance, I puked. The best part was that some of the store owners are having their meal and I was puking in front of them, so paiseh lo… Well, in the end, I was resting at some cafĂ© that sell star bucks drink, not sure authentic or not, while Hua and my Brother went shopping away.


Trying not to be a hero, I went to clinic to get medication for my illness. At the clinic – First Clinic Center, the doctor recommended getting a drip but it took 2 hours. According to Eric, every little illness you also get drip. So after insisting of not getting the drip and hence injection and some medication were administered instead. Normally, I thought the injection will be on the arm, so I happily rolled up my sleeve to get ready. But then the nurse told me to lie chest down and this got me puzzled. And she told me to lower my bottom, and then it dawned on me that the needle is going to poke my butt. 2 times some more. So if I kena HIV, I think I know where it comes from.

We slacked the rest of the day away at Eric’s house. The rest were watching DVDs, while I was happily sleeping. Dinner time, we had a get-together with Hua and Eric’s Friend – Preg-na and Cat-ti-ka. I really do not know how the spelling goes. 2 pretty Cambodia ladies, with their kind and generous heart and they treated us dinner, really are very nice of them. Thank you two for the dinner and warm hospitality.

No comments: