We need get up early for our Run today which starts at 6.30 am, however we got to reached the place at 6.00 am. I kind of like the run in Cambodia, the air is fresher and I don’t sweat as much as Singapore and best of all, for 21km, I managed to jog within 2.5 hours. Yeah… My actual timing is 2h 11mins 03 sec. One thing to take note is that please remember to tie the timing on your shoes, else it will not be detected. Why I know? Because I am the bim who put the chip in the pocket, so later when the organizer send photos through email, I am the only without the timing. Argh… really is BIM… Lucky, in the list of the timing, I managed to match one missing person column to my timing. Oh, the winner of Ankor Wat International half Marathon is a Singaporean, Vivan Tang, with a time record of 1hr 24 min, that is super fast.
After the marathon, Hua was already limping and I think this marathon had overexerted Hua’s already slightly injured ankle. Eric kept saying Hua “逞强 lo”. I think Hua really had problem walking that day, poor her. Hope she let her leg fully recovered and we can go jog again.
Having a good rest in the Hotel, we continued our tourist attraction which is tour of the silkworm farm. Initially we got a poor tour guide, which do not do any explanation of the types of mulberry trees to feed the worm, how to get the silk etc. Then Eric, asked and looked another tour guide instead. And this time, the tour guide was super good, he is more enthusiast about his work, giving detailed explanations and answered all the questions to the best of his knowledge. We got to know the cycle of the breeding, to cocoon formation, boiling of the cocoon to get the silk. Spanning of the silk thread and making of the silk cloth.
We did not manage to go the craving the school as rather late after we laze at the café outside silk farm and enjoying our ice cream from Blue Pumpkin - again. But me and my brother went to the Angkor National Museum while Hua and Eric went for another massage.
For the Museum, we got to understand more about the different Buddha or deity enshrined in the temples, get educated of the Khmer history, civilization and cultural heritage. No photography is allowed in the Museum. But I do prefer viewing the 2nd level which depicts more about the Buddha, the Khmer history, religion and beliefs. It was a bit like reading stories and getting to know more about the culture. Hua said it will be better to get the hearing guide as they gave good explanation, but we were not offered any when we purchased the tickets (USD 12). And please allow around 2 hours here to really spend more time to appreciate the information and work here.
No comments:
Post a Comment