Sunday, May 24, 2009

Goodbye Wellington and Welcome my Tour.

Finally it was time to say goodbye to Wellington and enbuke on our backpacking journey again. I sure am missing the familiar surrounding of the area such as Allen Street, Blair Street, Cuba Street, Lambton Quay etc. I think I am much more familiar with the streets here since I had been walking around giving out flyers than at my own neighbourhood. Goodbye to Warehouse, New World, Moore Wilson, my flatmates, my friends, etc at Wellington. I will not be back!!! Hahaha...

Packing things into my bag is always the most headache thing to do. The capacity of my bag never seems to be big enough to hold everything and guess what, my bag weighed 21 kg. Gosh, almost had to be fine, hope there will be no more new additions to my already heavy backpack...

The backpacking journey starts to Bay of the Islands - Paihia, it is a relaxing tour like going to chalet with the sun, the sand and the sea. Most important of all, it is time to relax and lie around and regain our strength before moving on to hopping on and off the bus and not getting enough sleep.
Dolphin seeking wasn't going very well for us. Though the weather was superb, no dolphins was spotted and that's goes the hope of swimming with them also (Actually the water was 16 Deg. C, so it is a bit cold to swim too). However, we do get to tour around the many islands for Bay of Islands (Russell, Moturoa, Black Rocks, Naesdeb Cross, Assassination Cove, Roberston Island, Mturua, Motukiekie, Otehei Bay, Urupukapuka island, Waewaetorea Island, Okahu Island, Cape Brett and Piercy Island) and the famous hole in the rock. Well, frankly speaking, it is just hole a rock. Maybe those studying geography will be more wow and awe because of how the hole is being formed. But to me, it just, well, a hole... You get what i mean...
After the half day dolphin tour, visiting Russell Island was the next thing done. It just another small town similar to the Paihia (The place we are staying) with nothing much other than the sun, the sand and yes, the sea... So if you like to dive, parasail, or anything to do with sea sport we can consider coming here during winter time which is alot more warmer than the south island.

Guess what i did in the afternoon after I got back to the chalet I am staying??? Ladies, it's Twister time with our new friend Heika from Austria, our favourite game for the chalet... Hahahaha, it never fails to bring lots of fun...

No comments: